Friday, February 6, 2015

Reality Programming

As crazy as it seems, I am getting closer and closer to buying an RV. I've done a lot of research - almost all of it online - and have sorted out what I think I need / want. Here are my priorities . . . 

     * I want something simple and easy to drive and a Class B (the smallest RV size) seems like the best choice.
     * Since I intend to live in it, I want a comfortable space for me and Rudy and even though I'd love to have lots of room for family to join me on occasion, my priority is how it will work as my primary living space. 
     * While a "wet bath" (an all in one sink/shower/toilet) might work well, I really like the idea of a separate shower. Just seems more practical. 
     *  It needs as much storage as possible. 
     *  I love the idea of a screen door to be able to let the outside in - but not the bugs. 
     *  I owned a Mercedes for several years and loved it. That makes me partial to Mercedes Sprinter Van RVs, which I think are very sharp looking but also seem to be very reliable as well. 
     * Good gas mileage is always important and these get upwards of 22 mpg.
     *  I want a newer RV because I want things like Bluetooth, GPS and other techy stuff.
     *  I want to live off the grid so the solar and battery setup will be important but I can add what I need after the fact. 

With all that in mind, there seem to be only two RVs that make the cut:

     * Leisure Travel Free Spirit SS
     * Winnebago Era 70C

Of those two, I am leaning toward the Era 70C

Now to see what kind of deal I can get! I'm headed to two RV shows in the next month and hope to have made a decision by mid-March.

No comments: