Saturday, January 24, 2015

Life Is A Highway . . . Maybe . . .

For a couple of years I have nurtured a fantasy about hitting the road in an RV with my dog, Rudy. A big part of the fantasy is becoming a full-time RVer and driving from one national park to the next. The only problem is money.  And a job.  And all my worldly possessions.  And about 96 other problems. (Insert your "99 problems but a 'biscuit' ain't one" comment here.)

Since late last year this has become more of an obsession than just a fantasy. I've spent a lot of time doing some actual planning rather than just dreaming. Things like meeting with a financial planner and researching RVs, for example.  

I've also been taking a hard look at what it would mean to live on the road and not have a permanent residence.  I have been amazed to find that there are a ton of folks out there who live full time in an RV of some kind. Today I heard that something like 1 million people are living this way! And not just old farts like me but people of all ages, including couples, families with small children and tons of individuals living on their own.

I want to be one of them.

So, I thought I'd use this forum as a means for documenting my journey into this new adventure. I'm not yet sure what I'll decide but it's beginning to feel more and more likely that I may be hitting the road sometime in the not too distant future.

And if I do, it will be a definite leap of faith!

No comments: