Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Day Tres - Part One (about a week late)

Morning coffee and sitting outside reading: The perfect way to start every day! Even if it means bundling up a bit. But since I am on the Oregon Cast, at least it's not raining!

Rudy and I took another stroll down to the beach. The morning sun made it look a bit more like a tunnel in parts. It's a gorgeous path though. 


When we got back to camp, we packed up, hit the dump station again (just for practice) and headed north toward Newport. 

My plan was to go to Mo's for clam chowder. (Travel tip: if you're on the Oregon coast, you have to hit a Mo's location. State law requires it.) 

The Newport bay front was packed with touring! (Tourons: Tourists plus Morons.) So I went with Plan B: Rogue Ales. 


Rogue is one of Oregon's first and best breweries. They have several pubs along the west coast, including here at their brewery. 

I'm at the coast so clam chowder seemed like the right choice. And beer, of course. A sampler tray and then a pint. All the choices I sampled were good but I lived the 6 Hop IPA. 

It was back to the beast to head for our next stop: Beverly Beach State Park. 


No comments: