Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Who Knows?

I am an INFJ. Know what that is? 

When I first took an Myers Briggs test (some 20+ years ago) I could not believe how accurately the results described me. I remember saying that I thought they somehow had talked to my (then) wife and uncovered all my secrets!

I retired early just over a year ago to begin life on the road as a full-time RVer. It has been both a source of anxiety and excitement.  On one hand, I am very close to my three grown (and married) children and it is hard to be away from them (and my new granddaughter) for long periods of time. 

On the other hand, I cannot believe how much I enjoy the peacefulness and solitude of being alone in some of the most beautiful places in America. I have learned to love the adventure of my current life and the craziness of not always knowing what's next! It has had the surprising affect of drawing me closer to God.  

For several years I have thought I would enjoy walking the Camino de Santiago in Spain.  I've thought it might be something cool to do after a few more years of traveling in the MoFo. Lately though I've been thinking that maybe I should do this sooner rather than later.  (And then come back to make a trek in my RV to the tip of South America and visit Machu Picchu along the way.) 

Who knows? Maybe it's time to watch The Way again. And to read a book about the Camino that I've heard great things about: The Field of Stars.

No comments: