Thursday, January 7, 2010

BCS BS

So, tonight is the so-called national title game between Texas and Alabama. Frankly, I couldn't care less. Won't even watch the game probably. It's not that I don't like college football (because after college basketball, it's my FAVORITE sport) but there are two reasons I'm just not that interested:

1. After the Civil War game I was pretty much done with football for the year. It was such a great game (except for the final score) that I just felt nothing could top it. (And based on both teams performances in their bowl games, I think I was right.)

2. More importantly, I'm rebelling against the BCS. It is waaaay past time for the NCAA to have figured out a decent playoff system. However, I'm not holding out much hope that it will happen. Unless fans stand up and rebel against The Man and refuse to accept the status quo. We're mad as hell and we're not gonna take it any more! Until a post season playoff system is implemented, I'm boycotting bowl games. I ain't watching on TV. If OSU gets an invitation to next year's Rose Bowl, I'm staying home. If we don't participate, they'll have to change, right? Attendance falls off; viewership plummets. We'll have a playoff system in no time! So, starting with tonight's national title game (just ask the folks at Boise State if they think this is the REAL national title game or not) I'm boycotting the bowls!

Are you with me people? Okay, maybe not, but that's okay. I'm used to being a loner.

No comments: