Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Stock Market Update: Tuesday, September 22, 2009

So, I've been gone for a week and no one really seemed to notice or care. You all managed just fine without me and I would have expected nothing less. My feelings aren't hurt because that just tells me I can skip out any time I want and no one will be the wiser. So I hope you enjoy this email sent to you from my new luxury home in Malibu that a friend of mine at Wells Fargo no longer seems to need.

And for those of you who have been around U.S. Bank a while, you may remember Daniel Yohannes, He was a long-time U.S. Bank executive in Colorado who left the bank a few years ago. Last Friday President Obama nominated Yohannes as the CEO of the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC). The Millennium Challenge Corporate is “an innovative approach to foreign assistance that delivers substantial new resources to a carefully selected group of poor countries to support development and poverty reduction.” The MCC was announced by President Bush in March 2002 as “a government corporation supervised by a Board of Directors composed of Cabinet level officers and representatives of civil society and the private sector.” If you are interested in finding out a bit more about Yohannes, who emigrated to the U.S. from Ethiopia at the age of seventeen with $150 in his pocket, check out this article for more information.
Stock Price

No comments: