Friday, March 6, 2009

Love At No Sight

So, U2's latest album came out on Tuesday and I bought it on Amazon (where it was only $3.99!) the same day. I love U2! Seen 'em in concert. Bought the U2 iPod. Watched 'em on Letterman all this week. And I bought the entire album without even listening to any samples of the songs first. And if that weren't enough (and don't you think it should be?) my daughter, Elizabeth, and I are already planning our strategy for getting tickets to their upcoming tour, whenever it's announced.

I realized there are few things in life that I feel this way about. Stuff I gotta have on the day it comes out and/or would buy kinda sight unseen - or unheard, as the case may be. Here's a few others . . .

* New music by Steely Dan, Diana Krall, the John Butler Trio or the John Mayer Trio (not to be confused with John Mayer) and maybe Jurassic 5.
* Any new season of the Amazing Race
* Any new season of Survivor
* Any new episode of No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain. (This guy will go anywhere and eat anything. My favorite was the still-beating cobra heart!)
* Any movie or TV show written by Aaron Sorkin - the guy who created The West Wing, An American President, Sports Night
* Any new Star Wars movie
* Any new James Bond movie
* Any movie directed by Clint Eastwood
* Any new book by Donald Miller, Christopher Moore, Pat Conroy, David Douglas Duncan or Ian Rankin
* Any Major League Baseball game that I can see live and in person.
* Any NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament game
* Any basketball game where my son Jeremy is coaching
* Any sporting event where former, future ex-wife, Erin Andrews is the sideline reporter
* Any NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament game where my son Jeremy is coaching and where my former, future ex-wife, Erin Andrews is the sideline reporter.
* Any new beer by Deschutes Brewery or Rogue Brewery (This probably goes without saying.)
* Any chance to play golf with Shawn - unless I have to pay.
* Any inauguration of a President with the last name of Obama. (Or as my Mom likes to say: "Bomba? Alabama? Discombobulated? Rama Lama Ding Dong?" You mean Obama, Mom? "Yeah, him!")
* Any chance to hang out with my kids
* Any chance to hang out with Carla

Okay, I probably missed a few things but it's already bigger than I thought it would be - and most of the things on it make me feel pretty shallow. Yeesh!

1 comment:

Carla said...

Hopefully these are not in order of importance....