Sunday, March 15, 2009

God is Like Trump? I Don't Think So . . .

I read a few of David Plotz's blog posts on Slate when he first embarked on this project and while I don't share the same viewpoint, he does have an interesting perspective on the Old Testament. As he says,
"This is an encounter between a man and his book, and that I was just gonna read it, like I read anything else. I’m sure I made incredible theological errors and took things out of context and misunderstood things all the time, but so what? It’s the joy of reading something for yourself without it being mediated through somebody else."

While you may not wanna read his book,Good Book: The Bizarre, Hilarious, Disturbing, Marvelous, and Inspiring Things I Learned When I Read Every Single Word of the Bible this interview on The Daily Beast provides a good overview

No comments: