Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Hanging With The Cool Kids!

I'm about an hour away from Portland but if I had my druthers I'd rather be an hour away from D.C. On the other hand, I know Jake needs his life back and doesn't need his old man getting in the way!

Here's a few odds ands ends that didn't make it into earlier posts:

* The Dubliner was a great place to hang out with Jake and his friends. I learned more about them than I needed to but they're a great group of folks!

* Meg (one of Jake's roommates) is a pretty long-suffering soul. She lives with three guys (although, one is never there, another is reportedly gay and she seems to have some kind of unnatural relationship with the other).

* The whole toilet seat issue is overblown. Meg, here's the rule: Whoever uses the toilet puts the seat where they need it - up or down. Any expectation that it always be left in the optimum position for women is totally unrealistic.

* Brett (another of Jake's roommates) has one of the coolest jobs in the world. Unfortunately, I can't tell you what he does or he'd have to kill us all. Let me just say that if one of his co-workers ever finds a personal hair on their Coke can, the obvious suspect may not be the actual perp.)

* Keep the fake accent Brett! And I suggest you use it in public no matter what Meg says.

* I would have never guessed that Meg was such a fan of the Insane Clown Posse that sometimes she even wears their makeup.

* I'm beginning to think that when Jake and I are out together, more than a few people think I am something other than just his father! (Which I guess is still better than what they think when I'm out with Elizabeth and people wonder if I'm her sugar daddy!)

* Jake would make a fine chauffeur!

Most of all I just wanna say that I love hanging out with all three of my kids! It is always a blast and I am so grateful they let me intrude on their real lives. Jake, you are a great person and I love the adventure you're on right now. Not to mention that I'm more than a little jealous!

I love you man!!!

2 comments:

Mr. Milliron said...

Surprisingly enough, this message is approved by the Weird-Crap Family Censorship Committee (seal of approval is trademarked by aforementioned entity).

However, as a friend and roommate to those involved in some of the comments...I will pray that Meg never finds this blog. Somethings are better left unsaid, (because some would be persecuted for speaking the truth in their own homes) but you said it on the internet, so I guess it makes it true.

I too had a great time, come again any time (or if Meg finds this blog, maybe I'll need a new roommate soon...)

Elizabeth said...

HA! Oh man, I wish I had been there with you guys! I am glad that now people think dad's gay instead of married to me, that was too much. BUT, the fun mob-couples from Brooklyn WERE very friendly once we all figured each other out!

Next MLK weekend...London!