Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Hanging With The Cool Kids!

I'm about an hour away from Portland but if I had my druthers I'd rather be an hour away from D.C. On the other hand, I know Jake needs his life back and doesn't need his old man getting in the way!

Here's a few odds ands ends that didn't make it into earlier posts:

* The Dubliner was a great place to hang out with Jake and his friends. I learned more about them than I needed to but they're a great group of folks!

* Meg (one of Jake's roommates) is a pretty long-suffering soul. She lives with three guys (although, one is never there, another is reportedly gay and she seems to have some kind of unnatural relationship with the other).

* The whole toilet seat issue is overblown. Meg, here's the rule: Whoever uses the toilet puts the seat where they need it - up or down. Any expectation that it always be left in the optimum position for women is totally unrealistic.

* Brett (another of Jake's roommates) has one of the coolest jobs in the world. Unfortunately, I can't tell you what he does or he'd have to kill us all. Let me just say that if one of his co-workers ever finds a personal hair on their Coke can, the obvious suspect may not be the actual perp.)

* Keep the fake accent Brett! And I suggest you use it in public no matter what Meg says.

* I would have never guessed that Meg was such a fan of the Insane Clown Posse that sometimes she even wears their makeup.

* I'm beginning to think that when Jake and I are out together, more than a few people think I am something other than just his father! (Which I guess is still better than what they think when I'm out with Elizabeth and people wonder if I'm her sugar daddy!)

* Jake would make a fine chauffeur!

Most of all I just wanna say that I love hanging out with all three of my kids! It is always a blast and I am so grateful they let me intrude on their real lives. Jake, you are a great person and I love the adventure you're on right now. Not to mention that I'm more than a little jealous!

I love you man!!!

Post a Comment