Saturday, November 17, 2007

Ole! Ole, Ole, Ole! Ole! Ole!

I just don't know what to make of Ole Anthony but John Bloom (aka Joe Bob Briggs) has written a great warts and all profile of his good friend. And it's (courageously) posted on The Wittenburg Door's web site, of which Mr. Anthony is the editor.

He is also the head of the Trinity Foundation which, among a million things they are involved in, is usually the organization behind any investigations of sleazy televangelists.

There are many things I admire about Ole - chief among them, his brutal, blatant, sometimes butt-ugly honesty. On the other hand, some things leave me feeling uncomfortable. I feel like a jerk cuz I can't really put my finger on what it is but it's strong enough that it's accompanied by an odd sense that someday a strange, weird, ugly story will break and our jaws will drop. In the meantime, I'll continue to cheer when I hear that Trinity Foundation is involved in uncovering the satanic practices of televangelists, and to laugh at The Door (and wish that I could write for them) and to hope for the best.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"someday a strange, weird, ugly story will break and our jaws will drop."

The story came out about a year ago in the form of a book entitled, I Can't Hear God Anymore: Life in a Dallas Cult.
See http://www.dallascult.com

Anonymous said...

How about this for a strange, weird, ugly story:
http://news.dallasobserver.com/2007-11-22/news/turning-the-tables

Also, see http://www.dallascult.com