Monday, September 3, 2007

Dog Day Morning After

For those of you thinking about getting a dog, here's a couple of tidbits of information that are worth considering . . .

Expense
I spend an average of $200 a month on Rudy! This includes an average of $175 per month for boarding. I may have had a couple of long trips this year (New York in January and a cross country road trip to DC in August) but any time you leave - even overnight - you have to leave your dog somewhere. It's amazing how quickly it adds up!

Exercise
My biggest downfall is in not providing Rudy with all the exercise she needs. I should take her out every day for a good long walk or a run. If I get out with her three times a week I feel like I've had a small victory!

Excitement
Rudy loves every moment I spend with her. No matter how long I'm gone - all day or for just an hour - she greets me as if I were her best friend returning from a year in Iraq. When I get home from work, we always have to play on the bed for 10 minutes or so. And usually one or two other times in the evening - and several times a day on weekends. But there's also plenty of times (like now) where she seems pretty content to just be sleeping on the floor next to me.

Excrement
Gotta clean it up. It never ends. It just keeps coming. 'Nuff said.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was going to send you a note yesterday asking how much a month you spend, so that's good to see. I was thinking about $100, and hoping that would include one day a week at Doggie Daycare, but it looks like we'll double that for the budget!