Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Single Most Amazing Vocal Performance In the History Of Music. Period.


I know this is a bit off topic from my usual posts but with the soon to be released movie version of Dreamgirls coming soon I keep thinking about Jennifer Holiday's performance of "And I Am Telling You" at the 1982 Tony Awards. I remember almost changing the channel because some of her facial expressions were so hard to watch. But I kept watching and I'm glad I did. History in the making - except that she did it night after night on Broadway. I honestly do not believe the title of this post is an exagerration. Watch and see if you don't agree. (Note: The quality of the video is poor and the sound through your tinny little PC speakers will leave something to be desired, but the strength of this performance will still come through, I promise.)

No comments: