Wednesday, January 4, 2006

Finally Some Good News . . .

Hal Lindsey, best selling author of the classic end times book, The Late Great Planet Earth, has been dumped by the folks at the Trinity Broadcasting Network. Check out this article at WorldNet Daily First TBN drops Lindsey, now Lindsey drops TBN.

After first becoming a Christian (in the early 70s) I was fascinated with Lindsey and his books. I read three or four of them and found lots to believe in them. When I hada chance to hear him speak in the late 70s I was beyond excited. And when I heard that he had told a few folks that he thought 1983 was the year Christ would return, I thought he just might be right. But as the years went on I became a bit more suspicious about his eschatology (which, by the way, is not the study of edible French snails) and heard some not so great things about his personal life. Just for fun I would occassionally check out his show on TBN and was always put off by his borderline racists comments and nutball theology. So, if he can't find a new home on TV - or in publishing - I won't be disappointed.

Now if we could just get TBN to quit broadcasting . . .

No comments: