Wednesday, August 24, 2005

MIA Update

A few weeks ago I mentioned that my blogging would be pretty sporadic because my Dad, who will be 78 in November, had a stroke in early July. I've been true to my word with only one or two posts a week. That will probably continue for another couple of weeks but there is a definite light at the end of the tunnel.

After a week or so in the hospital and another five in a care center, my Dad is returning home today. He's not 100% but is well on his way to a pretty complete recovery. I'm convinced he still has some good fishing ahead of him. And my Mom, bless her heart, has hung in there through all this and has gotten over quite a bit of the anxiety she has felt about my Dad's condition and is looking forward to having him home.

All that is to warn you that I'll soon be back, trolling the waters for whatever exciting crap I can find out there to share with the world - or at least the two of you who actually look at this blog every once in a while . . .

1 comment:

:| raven |: said...

i'm glad to hear that your father is doing better. i'm sure that's a relief to you ... it's a very frightening time.

i will be praying for you all.

:)