Monday, February 21, 2005

Good As Gold

I'm not much for celebrity gossip (okay, maybe I'm as big a junkie as anyone - I just never write about it here) but I heard something today that I impressed me quite a bit. As you may have heard, Tracey Gold (former child star on the ABC sitcom, Growing Pains) was involved in an accident last fall and pled guilty to driving under the influence. She was a guest on Larry King Live tonight and spoke honestly and openly about the situation. What amazed me is that she did something most celebrities and politicians don't do: took personal responsibility for what happened. She didn't try to put the blame on anyone or anything else. She fully acknowledged that she had driven drunk - even though at the time she thought she was not impaired. She made a mistake and owned up to it! Impressive!

No comments: