Saturday, March 17, 2018

Civil Rights Road Trip - Day Six - PERSONAL NOTE: Selma . Diving into the story of Selma and how something very good came from some very awful things made me aware of what I hope will turn out to be, a modern-day parallel. . The awful shooting last month in Parkland, Florida, has stirred up the students of that high school - and tons of others as well. I am hopeful that the end result will be something very good. And I plan to join them next Saturday in Washington, D.C. because “there’s still work to be done.” Lastly, If you wanna learn more about, my man, John Lewis, I would enthusiastically recommend his books, March, Volumes 1-3. You can relax about the whole three-volume thing cuz it’s in graphic novel form. The illustrations make it fly by. And come alive! And then give it to you your kids and grandkids to read! . P.S. I didn’t really pee on the Jefferson Davis statue. Performance anxiety... . #CivilRights #BlackLivesMatter #NeverAgain #MarchForOurLives #GoodTrouble #rvlife #fulltimerv #nomad #solotravel #homeiswhereyouparkit #wanderlust cc: @repjohnlewis


No comments: