Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Winnie The Pooh and the Terrible No Good Day. So, for the first time in months I stayed in a campground with hookups. When I have “shore power” I use this way fine surge protector AND a cable lock to secure it so it doesn’t get stolen. This morning, in a downpour, I unplugged the surge protector and dialed in the combination. It didn’t work. Because I am not very smart, I tried several more times and it still didn’t work. I then decided to double check the combination with the tag that came with the lock that I have strategically kept handy in the MoFo. Except it wasn’t in the place where it’s always been! So, I tore apart the MoFo and checked a bunch of other places. Nothing. I went back outside and (not being very smart) tried the same combo again while the downpour became a bit more intense. I tried pulling the cable and surge protector up and over the post. No luck. I went back inside and called the manufacturer of the surge protector. They don’t keep combinations for any locks they sell (and I might have gotten my lock from them anyway). So, (still not being very smart) I went out and tried the same dumbass strategies all over again, with the same result, in the now Biblical downpour. At that point I decided to wander down to the Park Host and ask if they might have a set of bolt cutters in the campground. Amazingly they did and she let me borrow them. It took a bit of doing (because I am not very smart and was drenched from the Harvey/Irma/Maria deluge) but finally cut through the cable and freed my surge protector. This being the one year anniversary of the day after the worst disaster in American history, I blame Trump. And maybe my own stupidity. #rvlife #fulltimerv #nomad #solotraveler #homeiswhereyouparkit


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2Al2Aau

No comments: