Thursday, October 21, 2004

The President is Safe!

Well, for the first time in my life, I have voted for a Republican for President. I can't tell you how sick to my stomach I am. I've known for months I was going to have to do it but it was still painful filling in the little oval on my mail in ballot.

McGovern in 1972. Carter in 1976 and 1980. Mondale in 1984. Dukakis in 1988. Clinton in 1992 and 1996. And, uh, Nader in 2000.

It just came down to the fact that I believe that there's not really much difference between the two candidates (in spite of what we hear from the media and everyone else we know). They are both rich, white guys who don't really care enough about the poor, minorities and those in real genuine need in our country. Plus, I don't believe Kerry would really do an anything much different from Bush, as far as the war on terror is concerned. Both are wishy washy on way too many issues and work too hard trying to make themselves appealing to too many people when what we really need is someone who will have the courage of their convictions and take a stand.

Since there's not much choice, I figure we're better off to stay the course with good old Dubya. Besides, his daughters are a lot more likely to do something interesting over the next four years. And Laura is a lot cooler than Theresa.

We want vanilla and that's what we'll get - regardless of who wins. (I do think the President is gonna pull it off, however.)

So, have fun voting. Maybe next time we'll get a better choice. I'm rooting for Sharpton and McCain . . .

No comments: