Wednesday, March 7, 2018

I NEED YOUR HELP! . I am going to spend the next couple of weeks winding my way through the south to hit as many major spots important in the history of the Civil Rights movement as I can. This map lists a number of the places an old white guy like me has figured out to go. . It includes well known places like Little Rock, Memphis, Jackson, Selma, Montgomery, Birmingham, Atlanta and Greensboro. There’s also some off the beaten path spots like Money, Mississippi (where Emmett Till was killed) and Monroeville, Alabama, hometown of Harper Lee and the setting for the greatest book of all time, To Kill A Mockingbird. (Fight me if you don’t agree.) . I‘ll head out in the next couple of days and plan to end up in Washington, D.C. to visit the MLK memorial and the NMAAHC. If I time things right, I’ll be there in time to participate in March For Our Lives on March 24th! (And then maybe wander over to surreptitiously urinate outside the Trump International Hotel.) . So, how can you help? I know I may not be very smart but I’m at least smart enough to know what I don’t know. 👉🏾 What am I missing? 👉🏾 What other significant but relatively obscure places should I visit along the way? 👉🏾 What book should I read during my Civil Rights road trip? 👉🏾 Lastly, for the nomads who follow me, do you know of a good spot for a small RV to park (or even stealth camp) in downtown D.C. that is within walking distance of the National Mall? . Thanks for your help. I love you all very much! . #CivilRights #BlackLivesMatter #NeverAgain #MarchForOurLives #GoodTrouble #rvlife #fulltimerv #nomad #solotravel #homeiswhereyouparkit #wanderlust cc: @repjohnlewis


No comments: